Getting Ready to Sell Your Business
March 11 @ 7:30 am - 9:00 am EDT -
Getting a company “ready to sell” before putting it up for sale can make all the difference between a successful and lucrative transaction and a complete flop. With so much riding on a successful sale, why do sellers so commonly fail to take the pre-sale steps needed to maximize their ultimate sale price? What steps should be taken and when? As an advisor to a company and its owners looking to sell, what do you need to know and do to advise them effectively?
Getting Ready to Sell Your Business -
7:30 am - 9:00 am
- Timeline for preparing a company to sell
- Costs/benefits of preparing in advance
- Who should be on the deal team
- Housekeeping – what kind and why it matters
- How to keep employees motivated and around during the sale process
- What about valuation?
- How are we going to find a buyer?
- What happens in the last 90-120 days