EPI Process (DC EPI Chapter)
December 19, 2018 @ 7:30 am - 9:30 am EST -
EPI Chapter Monthly Meeting- The Exit Planning Process
We’ve spent the last two years building a content arc related to ownership transitions. In this session we’re going back to basics and discussing what an end-to-end exit planning process actually looks like. We’ll be departing from our normal panel discussion format – instead I’ll be leading an interactive presentation specifically aimed at the advisors role in exit planning.
My goal: shed some light on how you can and should be involved in the exit planning process.
- Understand how and where advisors play a role in the exit planning process
- Key considerations for landing exit planning clients
- Understand the critical steps – from onboarding an exit planning client through pre-sale prep
- Understand the demographics and market factors that are driving the exit planning market
** NOTE: venue change this month! DOUBLE CHECK THE ADDRESS! **
Dan Doran (bio)
EPI-RM – FY18.08 – Single Session - Topic
12:00 am - 1:00 am
We will discuss the many issues that arise when either new partners come into the business, leave, become disabled, or die– among many other triggering events. We will also discuss the problems and resolution of agreements that either do not contain well thought out valuation formulas or are not easily understood.
Family Business Transitions – Keeping It in the Family - Family Business
12:00 am - 5:00 am
Family businesses can be considered the foundation of American commerce. But commerce is changing, and fewer and fewer businesses are transitioned to the next generation. What’s more, research shows that fewer than 10% of companies survive to the third generation of ownership. With that in mind, successfully transitioning a business to the next generation requires careful planning and an understanding of potential failure points.
- Understand why family transfers fail
- Identify potential transfer mechanisms
- Fund the deal: how to get paid when selling to the kids
- Head off strife: how to avoid conflicts with the next generation over ownership issues
testing - Session Title
3:00 am - 8:00 am
Just some thing to show